Monday, February 27, 2012

Let the Quilts begin!



Let the Quilts begin!!



Hello! My last time at the YMCA it was time to starts our quilt project. Unfortunately Ms.Nelly couldnt be with us, but Alexis and Ishmel joined us. First we discussed two themes we have been talking about all of this time: Family and food. After that we begin to draw our quilt "sketch" in a big cardboard. We decides to start with a huge heart in the middle and then part from there. Alexis helped Kenya with the heart, while Ishmel was planning what to draw, and I was starting to draw our favorite food. After they finished the contour of the heart. Ishmel started to draw ocean and fish inside it. Alexis drew her and her family. We were really excited drawing!

After we our sketch was done, we began to cut
the fabric into the shape of our drawings.


Alexis and I drawing.

We started cutting the fabric and I had a lot of fun making my fabric pizza!
Megan Klamroth

No comments:

Post a Comment