Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On first day of February, with a great weather, with great people, our first meeting in YMCA was very interesting.

My partner Alexis, she loves many things including being photographed.


Salt and pepper always come together and share their fate with. Salt, I picked a small piece of memo said salt, and pepper, Alexis picked one said pepper, met each other today as well. We became a group. After Alexis and I had only a few seconds of awkward time, we could talk deeply about flowers and trees.


Holding a plastic flower in her small hand, she asked me,

“Do you like flowers?” I answered, “Yes. I love flowers and plants.”

“Do you have flowers and gardens?” “No, I am living in campus, so I don’t have my garden.”

“But your school has gardens.” “Ah, yes. But those are not mine.”

Alexis said, “I like flowers. Sometimes I water my flowers, and sometimes put sugar on the flowers”

“Sugar? Why do you put sugar on your flowers? I am wondering,” I asked.

Then she started her own story how she raises her flowers.


She strongly said that sugar makes flowers sweeter, healthier, and stronger. Sometimes she put some pepper on her flowers in order to make bugs and roaches go away. Her story could be funny, but I felt really sweet of her. She is really taking care of her flowers.

“Flowers and trees make me healthy,” Alexis said.

I responded to her with all my heart, “Yes, they give me energy. Yes, I love them.”


After this short meeting with Alexis, I found that I really love flowers and trees like her. Trees and flowers swaying in the wind make me healthy. So I love Savannah.


Alexis, Hyungsoon, and Hans

No comments:

Post a Comment