Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Today was our first visit to the YMCA, I was nervous at first because I didn’t what to expect. Then we got together in a big circle and they explain us what we were going to do, so I was feeling more relaxed. Then the fun part came, we meet a kid named Ishmael Mucherson, he is from savannah and we start chatting for a while and he was a little bit shy at first but then he star talking to us. What I found out is that he is nine years old and he loves to eat pizza and he goes to the park and to his friend house. We ask him what he didn’t like about savannah, and he answer that he can’t walk at night because its dangerous and he is scared, and he hates to see people fighting, so I felt  related to him because the situation in Mexico is similar so I was surprising to hear it from a child that he is scared and for me it’s really sad what adults do because they never realize how is affecting younger generations, but I really loved going, I was a great experience and I hope to learn more things about savannah and the beloved community.

No comments:

Post a Comment