Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Proudest Dancing



Charlie(right-side) and I(left-side)


Several decades ago, Charlie might be the most beautiful woman in Savannah. One night, there was a big party held for the very important person. All dressed up Charlie also invited and went to the party. In the brashest spot in Savannah, she danced with Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States. She vividly remembers the situation when Jimmy Carter asked her to dance with. "Can you imagine? I danced with Jimmy," said Charlie. And then she finished our conversation with a fun facial expression. "I can tell you other interesting stories of my life, but today I am going to finish for the next."



Besides dancing with the president, Charlie and I talked about many things such as a washtub and a flower press. Especially, the flower press was very interesting stuff because Koreans do not use that stuff. She explained how to preserve flowers and leaves using the press. This tool was very romantic. While I was listening to her, I imagined young Charlie carefully collecting small flowers. It made me want to buy this when the spring comes. I am going to collect flowers and send my friends in Korea.

Miao and Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment